[hercules-os380] iefactrt
kerravon86@yahoo.com.au [hercules-os380]
2018-10-09 00:37:17 UTC
I realized that something missing from the
MVS/380 beta I published was the code to
clean up the ATL area on step termination.

I have now cleaned up that code and put
it here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/mvs380/mvs380/ci/master/tree/source/main/iefactrt.jcl

but I am not sure how to distribute the executable.

I didn't find iefactrt in sys1.linklib or sys1.lpalib
but did find it in sys2.linklib, but that is not
mentioned on the SMP step.

Here is some SMP output:

ELEM ELEMENT ELEM CURRENT CURRENT MAC/SRC DISTSRC ASSEM LOAD MOD ---LMOD SYSLIB--- SYSMOD SYSMOD
TYPE NAME STATUS FMID RMID SYSLIB LIBRARY NAMES NAME STATUS

MOD IEFACTRT APPLIED EBB1102 ZUM0002 IEFW21SD LPALIB ZUM0002 APPLIED

Any idea where the executable is? Can the
executable be shipped as an executable or
does it get linked in with some other code
meaning that I really need to distribute the
JCL that calls SMP instead?

Thanks. Paul.
Joe Monk joemonk64@gmail.com [hercules-os380]
2018-10-09 01:45:00 UTC
IEFACTRT is an SMF exit. It must be applied to the system via SMP in order
to run...

Here is some sample JCL to assemble it from SYS1.UMODSRC into SYS1.UMODOBJ
and then apply it to the system...

//ASM EXEC SMPASM,M=IEFACTRT,COND=(0,NE)
00320000
//RECAPP EXEC SMPAPP,COND=(0,NE)
00330000
//SMPPTFIN DD *
00340000
++USERMOD (ZUM0002).
00350000
++VER (Z038) FMID(EBB1102).
00360000
++MOD(IEFACTRT) TXLIB(UMODOBJ).
00370000
//SMPCNTL DD *
00380000
REJECT SELECT(ZUM0002).
00390000
RESETRC.
00400000
RECEIVE SELECT(ZUM0002).
00410000
APPLY SELECT(ZUM0002)
00420000
DIS(WRITE)
00430000
.
00440000
/*
00450000
//
00460000

After you apply it via SMP, I think you have to re-ipl with a r 00,clpa in
order to activate it.

Joe
Thanks. Paul.
kerravon86@yahoo.com.au [hercules-os380]
2018-10-09 01:56:07 UTC
Post by Joe Monk ***@gmail.com [hercules-os380]
IEFACTRT is an SMF exit. It must be applied
to the system via SMP in order to run...
Here is some sample JCL
I am running similar JCL to that already on my
system. I just then expected to see an
IEFACTRT load module in SYS1.LPALIB.

Does it get incorporated into some other load
module such that I need to distribute the
source code, not a stand-alone executable?

Thanks. Paul.
Joe Monk joemonk64@gmail.com [hercules-os380]

Thanks. Paul.
kerravon86@yahoo.com.au [hercules-os380]
2018-10-09 02:32:00 UTC
Post by Joe Monk ***@gmail.com [hercules-os380]
Its part of the master scheduler. I think its IEFW21SD.
Yes you need to distribute the source code.
Thanks. I have uploaded a new MVS/380 beta
that includes the IEFACTRT code.

Amrith, are you still around? I would like to
revisit the issues you had with the previous
attempt to update your system.

BFN. Paul.