[hercules-os380] Transfer to groups.io
Joe Monk joemonk64@gmail.com [hercules-os380]
2018-08-08 19:15:28 UTC
Paul,

If you would like to transfer the content of this group to groups.io,
please let me know.

I have created the group over there and can give you "easy transfer"
instructions

Joe
julialday@yahoo.com [hercules-os380]
2018-08-10 11:43:35 UTC
My intention at the moment is to move to a fidonet group instead of using free services from corporations.

Paul
Jeremy Nicoll yahgrp87@letterboxes.org [hercules-os380]
2018-08-11 06:34:32 UTC
Post by ***@yahoo.com [hercules-os380]
My intention at the moment is to move to a fidonet group instead of
using free services from corporations.
And when you do, will that include some function that pushes messages
out to the rest of us, and lets us reply, without requiring us to login to
something?
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.
julialday@yahoo.com [hercules-os380]
Messages would be bundled up for each user and be available for download using software running on either mvs or some alternative like pdos386. There will likely be authentication. Whatever the nascent technology supports.
Joe Monk joemonk64@gmail.com [hercules-os380]
supports.
julialday@yahoo.com [hercules-os380]
2018-08-11 23:51:44 UTC
Ok, thanks for the correction. Maybe as a hobbyist he will help us migrate to a bbs-based system where multiple hobbyists have a copy of the message base so that we are not dependent on a single hobbyist. Also he could help establish a gateway so that we can *also* use groups.io

Paul